Wednesday, October 6, 2010

THE SECRETS OF GOAL SETTING!

There are all kinds or goals: Long term goals, short term goals, intermediate goals, and ultimate goal. 
Goals must be specific and have a date of completion to be effective. There may be several goals working at the same time. For example, you may want to make one million dollars, lose 50 pounds, run a marathon, shoot your age in golf and be salesman of the year in your company.
Goals need to be realistic. In other words, you would not set a goal to be heavyweight champion of the world next year if you weigh 100 pounds and have never boxed. Goals should also be morally right and fair to all parties involved in them.  If you are doing a give up goal (losing weight or quitting smoking) you should tell everyone who can help you reach your goal.  If it is a go up goal (becoming salesman of the year) you need to be careful about who you tell your goal to. The person you are telling it to may be thinking: you are not going to be salesman of the year, because I am.
Goals need to written down with a date of completion and a written statement of how the goal will be achieved. So let me share one of my goals with you and how I have it formulated. I have a goal to take my wife and my son and his family to Princeville Hawaii, in December 2011 to rest and relax and to play golf with my son and granddaughter. I plan on paying cash for this trip. Doing some educated guessing I figure it will cost around $12,000.  In my business that equates to helping one more person a week reach their goal. So let’s formulate a statement of our goal.  As I said, it has to be written down and signed to be effective.
So here we go:
I, Bill Hobstetter, will have in my possession $12,000 cash by Dec. 19th, 2011 in order to take my family to Hawaii. I will get the money by helping 1 more person a week with their internet marketing goals. I can see the money clearly and I can smell the ocean air as I hit my golf shot.  I will not quit until I reach my goal! Signed Bill Hobstetter
So there you have it. I will read my statement aloud in the morning when I arise, and at night before I go to bed.  I can visualize it during the day and see the golf course I will be playing. Being able to visualize your goal is crucial to your success.
I hope you have enjoy this goal setting blog and if YOU are that extra person I can help this week,
CLICK HERE and I look forward to working with you.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill,

    Goal setting is critical if we desire to accomplish great things. When a person sets a goal, you are right on, you must have it written down and reaffirm that goal each and every day.

    Reasons are critical as well. If our reasons for accomplishing the goal is not strong enough, we probably won't accomplish the goal. Family is one of the strongest motivators. With your desire to share Hawaii with your wife, son and grandchild . . .You now are postured to accomplish that goal.

    A great post Bill. I enjoyed your insight and look forward to a return trip.

    Lloyd Dobson :)
    Visit my blog at: http://UnlimitedWealthBuilder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete